Hey everybody. Since I did not have a chance to attend Localization World Barcelona 2011, I thought of a cool idea which would allow me to leave my mark on the event. Here is a list of my favorite 10 tweets from the conference. Enjoy, and hopefully I will see some of you at future events.
- @choyberg: LSPs don’t know how to sell MT, clients don’t know how to buy it, & translators hate MT. Wayne Bourland (DELL)
- @valion What the crowd says about your business is much more important than what your CEO says via @patrickdixon
- @SteveMaule is getting ready for Localization World. Set tomorrow’s alarm clock for 0445. My room better be ready when I arrive – early siesta
- @UweMuegge Had a great night out with the LS Roundtable crowd, including the singing of our respective national anthems.
- @m_meinhardt Dinner last night at @hardrock in Barcelona – companies could learn a ton on UX from them: Loud Music/Museum/Food = people smiling
- @Jeromobot checking out that everything’s cool at the Princesa Sofia boardroom before the big event http://tinyurl.com/44d5jvz
- @localizing Sales: Don’t expect the client to find you, it’s you who must chase him
- @choyberg Cost rules, quality is assumed, but in the end, schedule wins. Derick Fajardo, Nuance Comm.
- @alexpysaryuk #LocWorld and TAUS will combine 2 conferences in 1, going forward
- @RenatoBeninatto Cisco: From 174 vendors, multiple TM strategies, multiple QA processes and hundreds of people to 1 infrastructure/1 set of vendors
This tweet is not politically correct and I do not endorse it, but it is easily the funniest tweet about the event:
@miguelllorens I will now summarize the main presentations at LocWorld: Blah, blah, blah; blah, blah, the Cloud, blah. (I just saved you 1000 euros.)